Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a « bette tomorrow » is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 m. and 150 permanent staff members we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years we are successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions, as for example the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold and range, among others, from the improvement of education for the young, over public administration reforme and the support of democratization to measures of climate change adaptation.
We are looking for a
Consultant Education and Employment promotion (m/f)
To start as soon as possible in our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Consultant you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects, especially in the francophone area, and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of ongoing projects in the fields of education and employment promotion. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- Early development of project acquisition strategies, with a special focus on the francophone area, but not exclusively
- Management and coordination of the acquisition process, including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee négociations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals
- Organisation and lead of fact-finding missions to the recipient countries
- Technical and financial monitoring/management (backstopping) of on-going projects, including coordination and monitoring of the project activities on site, monitoring of te project progress, ensuring the compliance, with formal specifications and procedures, supervision and management of project stage and resources, preparation/finalisation of project reports
- Organisation and lead of backstopping missions and short-term assignments abroad
- Continuus consultation with clients, project partners and consortium partners
- Active contribution to the acquisition strategy of the Education and Employment Promotion Department and the further development of the department’s portfolio, especially, but not only, in the francophone area.
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise (education, employment promotion)
- The possibility to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision making processes and a living « open doors » culture across all company levels
- Continous investment in your development
Your qualifications :
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of social sciences
- Business fluent French (both written and spoken) and English ;
German language skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Strong writing, communication, networking and team-working skills, flexibility and conflict management experience, business oriented
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Required : at least 3 years’ experience in the education sector and/or the vocational and training sector and/or the employment sector ;
Asset: proven experiences in education/VET policy development or in curriculum/training standards development are considered as assets.
- Required: proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition of projects
Asset: experience of preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
Asset: proven experience in the consulting business as project manager for projects funded by bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as knowledge of the competition in the development cooperation related consultancy market are considered as strong assets
- Asset: relevant experience in business development and budget/financial management of projects or organisations
- Required: international experience
Asset: work experience abroad in target countries (esp. in the francophone area) for development cooperation is considered as a strong asset
Asset: experience (at least over 2 years) of donor procedures and requirements, esp. EU and AFD is considered as a strong asset
If you are interested to work in a dynamic team we are looking forward to your application sent via e-mail to:
61348 Bad Homburg